Brief: The #DigitalByBlood team were keen on proving their mettle beyond their comfort zone and so, they ventured into the offline world to conquer the Puma Urban Stampede 5 km relay marathon
Challenge: While the team has aced many a Temple runs, they would require extensive training to match-up to their online avatars.
- We charted out detailed workout and running schedules. (And then ensured we had enough excuses to not follow them).
- But the quintessential lazy bums that we are, we firmly believed in the power of last minute panic. (Yeah, that’s when we finally dragged ourselves to the treadmill, building compounds, roads, stairs and any other place where we could get some blood pumping.
- All 4 contingents from the Indigo Army made it on time. Of course, there were some who came from far off lands (Read: Vijay Rathod) but still made it at the nick of time.
- Mr. Noshir Lala (52 years old) from LB gave everybody else a run for their money, clocking a time of around 25mins.
- Then there was the brave soul, Vinod Vishwakarma, from the mobile team who sported a bib that claimed him to be Steffi.
- Overall, some breezed through, some moved with a steady stride, while some just dragged themselves across the finish line. Either way, we conquered the pain, the distance, the sun and the sweat and passed on the baton.
- We had a good chance of winning too. Seriously. But then came the Mumbai Police team (who otherwise have a reputation of reaching the scene after everything’s over), and made sure the top medals were in their custody. Neha Dhupia did the honours while we stood there, wearing our medals and munching on our free breakfast, feeling like superheroes who just saved the world.
Highlights of the day: